FAQ about Central Council for Research in Siddha
What is the OPD timing of various CCRS institutes?
- CCRS-SCRI, Chennai – 8 am to 12 pm (Monday to Sunday)
- CCRS-SRRI, Puducherry – 8 am to 12 pm (Monday to Saturday- Closed on Sundays and National Holidays)
- CCRS-SRRI, Trivandrum – 8.30 am to 12.30 pm (Monday to Saturday Closed on Sundays and National Holidays)
- CCRS-SCRU, Palayamkottai – 8 am to 12 pm (Monday to Saturday Closed on Sundays and National Holidays)
- CCRS-SCRU, Bengaluru -9 am to 1 pm, 2 pm to 4 pm (Monday to Saturday Closed on Sundays and National Holidays)
- CCRS-SCRU, New Delhi – 8 am to 12 pm (Monday to Saturday Closed on Sundays and National Holidays)
- CCRS-Siddha Wing, AIIA – 9 am to 1.30 pm (Every Friday and Saturday)
- CCRS- AWC- Siddha Wing – 8.00 am to 2.00 pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Mondays – Non communicable Diseases (Diabetes etc.)
- Tuesdays – Geriatric
- Fridays – Yogam
- Saturdays – Reproductive and Child Healthcare
From where the medicines are procured for distribution in OPDs in CCRS?
CCRS-SCRI has its own manufacturing unit which is a GMP certified pharmacy. The medicines prepared here are supplied to other institutes/units. Some of the medicines are also procured from IMPCOPS and TAMPCOL.
Where should one report if any untoward adverse reaction occurs?
CCRS-SCRI has developed an android application called SiddAR (Siddha Initiative for Documentation of Drug Adverse Reaction) which is downloadable from Google play store. This mobile app is user friendly. Patients can report adverse drug reactions via mobile app on their own or with the help of the physician.
How many Peripheral Institutes/ Units do CCRS have?
CCRS has 7 peripheral institutes/units – 3 in Tamil Nadu, 1 each in Puducherry, Kerala, Karnataka and New Delhi. Drug research, Literary and fundamental research, Clinical research and Medicinal plants research are being carried out in these units.
In addition to these institutes / units, 2 Co-located out-patient units of CCRS are functioning at
- AYUSH Wellness Clinic at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi
- A Siddha wing – All India Institute of Ayurveda at Saritha Vihar, New Delhi.
(Apart from this, a Siddha Medical Services Unit at Health Centre, Pondicherry University, Puducherry)
How many patents were obtained by CCRS?
- A patent was obtained for 777 Oil for Psoriasis with no.166740/ dt. 11.09.1987 and the product is in the market.
- D5 Chooranam (Poly herbal formulation for Type II Diabetes Mellitus). The patent was filed and it got published in the patent journal with no 2578/CHE/2015 on 05-06-2015.
- A patent was applied with the title Simple and low cost process for the preparation of synergistic Bio-active compound JACOM for the management of H1N1 influenza virus infection with the patent number E-101/10871/2017 – CHE on 15-5-17.
- A patent was filed entitled “Synergistic natural novel usage of Siddha formulation – Thiripala Chooranam as pharmaceutical excipient” with the application number 201841011646 dated 28.03.2018.
- One more patent has been filed on facile green synthesis of iron oxide using Acalypha indica L. – A Siddha medicinal plant and its application thereof application number- 201841015633 dated 25.04.2018
What is the mandate of CCRS?
Central Council for Research in Siddha is an autonomous body functioning under Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India conducting various researches through its peripheral institutes. The CCRS is also engaged in information, education and communication (IEC) activities through publication and distribution of literatures and participation in Health Mela / Exhibitions in India and abroad.
What are the services available at the institutes under Central Council for Research in Siddha?
Outpatient service, inpatient services, diagnostic tests (for selective conditions), analytical studies (chemical and biochemical studies), authentication of herbs, pharmacology, chemistry, LRDD with library.
Is admission possible in the inpatient ward for all the ailments?
Inpatient Admission is based on the policy of the institute.
What is the working hour of the outpatient services available at various institutes of CCRS?
The outpatient services for various institutes are:
- Siddha Central Research Institute, Chennai – 8am to 12pm all days throught the year
- Siddha Regional Research Institute, Puducherry – 8am to 12pm , except Sunday and national holidays
- Siddha Regional Research Institute, Thiruvananthapuram – 8am to 12pm, except Sunday and national holidays
- Siddha Clinical Research Unit, Palayamkottai, Tirunelveli – 8am to 12pm, except Sunday and national holidays
- Siddha Unit @ All India Institute of Ayurveda, Delhi – every Friday & Saturday
- Siddha Clinical Research Unit, A& U Tibbia College Campus, Karolbagh – 8am to 12pm, except Sunday and national holidays
- Siddha Clinical Research Unit, Presidential Estate -8am to 12pm, except Monday and national holidays
- Siddha Clinical Research Unit, Sri Jayachamarejendra Govt.Ayurvedic Hospital Campus, Bengaluru – 8am to 12pm, except Sunday and national holidays.